Wednesday, July 13, 2005

100% broadband in VT by 2010

As reported by Om Malik of Business 2.0 fame and from the Times Argus article, a newspaper from Montpelier, VT.

As i commented in Om's blog.
It is interesting they say this is their goal when a high percentage of the state does not have access to cable TV, telephone and some are even off the electricity grid. In highly populated places such as right outside Burlington (the largest city in the state) do not have easy access to broadband, and going a few miles farther there are towns that are completely off the grid or with no access to cable tv but only dish service. It is definitely going to be a challenge to make brodaband available to that extra 25%.

Personally I dont have a good experience with my broadband service and hope that this initiative gets rolling and pushes the Adelphia and Verizon to rpovide a better service. Right now although my speeds are pretty decent I have to deal with hiccups almost daily; and though it doesnt seem a big deal it is a problem if i want to have a file server at home or just connect to a home machine using a gotomypc-like service.

I wonder, what are the goals nationwide or for similar sized states around the nation, anyone?

3 Comments:

Blogger franerickson1410 said...

I really enjoyed your blog. This is a cool Website Check it out now by Clicking Here . I know that you will find this WebSite Very Interesting

5:17 PM  
Blogger My VoIp Solutions said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here.
I also have a web site & blog about network voip so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work!

11:45 AM  
Blogger WorldTrader said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a computer data entry home job Site. It's about ##KEYWORD## and you can easy make $300-$1000 per day. Give our program a try.
lot of back-links :-)

Check it out if you get time :-)

2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home